Monday, July 27, 2009

Packing up for 2 month trip to RUSSIA....carry-on advice?

I'm leaving to Russia in 2 days %26amp; while reading tips on what to take on carry-on, people are saying that theyre taking hair straighteners %26amp; curlers %26amp; cellphone chargers, but why? Why would you need those things on the plane if you could just keep them in your checked luggage?



I plan on taking my own pillow, blanket, a deck of cards, ipod, a few books, a few magazines, my camera, chapstick, some food %26amp; candy %26amp; gum, painkillers, %26amp; my glasses/case %26amp; contact case/eyedrops/cleaning solution.



Is this enough? Is it alright? It seems like I dont need to take so much- just things to entertain me. Sorry if the question seems stupid, but i was just confused why people were taking things such as hair curlers %26amp; tweezers %26amp; mosquito repellent on the plane if they obviously dont need it there-if they could just keep it in their luggage.



thanks; ill pick a best answer.



Packing up for 2 month trip to RUSSIA....carry-on advice?

Just take what you normally would on any other trip. Otherwise pack it up into your checked luggage. I've flown long distance quite often (15 years) and I find that the less you have in your carryon, the easier it is.



have a safe and fun trip!



Packing up for 2 month trip to RUSSIA....carry-on advice?

I only take what I need on any flight. In this case, whatever will help you pass the time on a long flight and perhaps a change of clothes just in case your luggage doesnt arrive with you. Any more than that is a pain in the a++ to carry around!



Have a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment