Monday, July 27, 2009

My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

Okay my daughter is turning 10 in 1 month and she wants to have a spa party. We are finishing the basement and it will be done in a week, so we decided to leave the basement empty (no furniture) until the party (we are going to have it a little early). Does this sound good?



First, there are 20 girls coming (I talked to the mothers to pick a date where they could all come, because we couldn't have an uneven number for this). For the "waiting area", we bought 20 (yes 20) pink and purple chairs. We also have a nice table with magazines.



http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d...



We are going to have 5 stations:



hair - They will get a nice hairstyle.



mani - Done by a professional.



pedi - Done by a professional and in pro chair.



massage - Again by a professional in a pro bed (new). She said that she will do it with bathing suits on (talked to parents).



facial - Done by me with a great recipe.



I'm going to divide everyone into groups of 5. Each group will be.....



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

I think it is great idea but make sure teh person doing the massage knows to use light pressure since they are kinda young I get one every month and I have back problem and there are spot son my back where they have to use extra light pressure but they will sleep good that night i garnttee it



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

Can I come? lol that sounds like a very nice id ear sounds kinda xspensive tho if you can afforded it sounds great to me



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

Wow... how much money are you putting into a ten year old's party?



Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a lot of fun for the kids, but there's no way I could afford to essentially pay for spa treatments for 20 little girls.



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

wow thats like my rent and car payment rolled into 1!



hope she has fun and good luck with 20 ten yearolds!



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

My only question is what are you going to do next year?



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

i'm sorry, but that is just too extravagant for a 10 year olds party. i think that you are spoiling her in an unhealthy way. she will grow up to be a little brat, and i'm quite honestly afraid for you once she becomes a teenager. thats just too much. it really is.10 year olds do not need massages. no way. scale it down, the girls getting mani and pedis and maybe a homemade facial mask while they soak sounds just fine. thats more than enough. and 20 girls? it sounds like you are trying to buy her friendships, and that is not good. sure, maybe 10 girls, but c'mon. i just don't understand this at all. its just too much. you are training your daughter with the wrong values, you may want to rethink.



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

Sounds adorable! I had a similar party as a child, but it was at a salon. Personally, I think renting a salon for a bunch of little girls is ridiculous, and there were too many "rules" to take out the fun of a party. This sounds really fun, and a lot more relaxed and intimate! Good luck!



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

That is absolutely insane! This is just truly bizare. I can hardly fathom how anyone can rationalize spending $750 on a birthday party for a child! What type of message are you sending to her about what is truly important in life like serving her community, helping people in need, etc. Throwing money around like that does not send the message that anyone is important other than her. Even on a birthday, come on, they are 10 year olds!



You asked for a tip, not a rant, so my tip is for you to return the purchases and change gears. Call a Beauti-Control or Mary Kay consultant to come and do a spa party for the girls. Serve healthy snacks, play relaxing music, give pedicures, etc. -these companies will explain more. Your girls will have just as much fun and you won't have wasted a ton of cash on something so frivolous. If it's "throw away expendable income" for your family anyway, put it to good use and donate it to charity.



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

In 6 years I will be seeing you and your daughter on "My Super Sweet 16th".



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

What's the question?



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

OMGosh I never had a party like that and yes I'm 14 and so jealous! I would just keep in mind that they are girls and you having to do facials the whole time is not going to be easy! I would have some help because while the girls are waiting they will get bored and explore. Also everyone it going to want to be with your daughter, so maybe draw names out of a hat so that there is not fighting or let her pick who is in her group, but don't tell anyone we don't want any feelings hurt!



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

You say you are asking for tips but I don't think you really want tips. You are bragging about your daughter's party. You want a pat on the back or what?



That's insane. I had a spa party for my daughters birthday. We had 4 kids besides my daughter. We bought facial packets at Walmart, I did their nails and we played classical music to make it seem like a spa.



That was a little girl's spa party. Not professionals and massages and hair-do's and certainly not $750 worth. That's just over the top.



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

One word- SPOILED.



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

Sounds like kids are growing up too fast theese days, when I was 10 it was popcorn and a movie, and I was quite satisfied with that.



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

i would have concerns about putting ten year olds in bathingsuits where the other people could not see them. i would lose that part of it --10 year olds wont miss it.



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

Wow. How will you outdo yourself next time? Perhaps a trip to Paris for 20?



Whatever floats your boat, but, really, why spoil her at 10 with such an elaborate party?



My daughter wants to have a spa party!?

That sounds amazing and my niece would love a spa party like that. Thanks for the idea...



Don't listen to all the jealous women on here, it's your daughter and you can spend as much as you like on her. So what if she is spoiled so is my son and I always go over the top for him and the ones I love. Keep up the good job...

No comments:

Post a Comment