Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Starting modeling? (ppl who know what they are talking about)?

I really want to get into modeling.. Everyone has been telling me for years to do it but I just haven't been at the right place at the right time.. I'm 5"8 and 140 lbs.I'm 18. I know that may be kind of heavy in the fashion industry but do you have any tips on getting started? I have a exotic look and I think I could really do a lot of different modeling. My hair dresser used to work with models in NY and she said she would like me to be in a top fashion/hair magazine to model a certain cut and she said I have a good look.. SO i will be going to long island in march of 2008..she said that may open doors up for me..



Any suggestions?



Starting modeling? (ppl who know what they are talking about)?

thats a good start.. at least u've got the courage and insights of ur career.. if i were u..i should grabe the first opportunity that comes in... who knows.. this might be a good break 4u.. and besides u've got the figure to show and the talent to be a good model... just be urself and prove to the world that u can do it... try practicing how to walk straight with heels... make sure that ur chin is upright and put some smile... put a book on ur head and walk.. this will improve ur posture and always be confident... good luck!!!! and don't 4get.. and when get the job don't 4get2 plez send me ur picture...



Starting modeling? (ppl who know what they are talking about)?

contact modeling agencies and send them your portfolio



Starting modeling? (ppl who know what they are talking about)?

For starters, if you choose to do high fashion modeling, you will need to lose a little weight, and I do believe you are on the shorter side, so Do NOT wear anything but heels to interviews and whatnot.



I am confused though. Will you be living in Long Island and commuting to NYC? There really are not many opportunities to model on Long Island.



Best wishes!



Starting modeling? (ppl who know what they are talking about)?

Best bet is to send your measurements, a couple basic and flattering pics of you (no makeup preferred), and a nice note to every legit modeling agency you can think of. Better yet, drop by the agencies, or call and make an appointment.



They'll tell you what they think, trust me.



Get on the treadmill! Just being honest. It always helps in that cruel world.



Starting modeling? (ppl who know what they are talking about)?

From what I have seen and read, you need to take two photos of yourself, one full-length and a head shot. No posed photos like school pictures. Then you can send them to agencies like the Ford modeling agency in NYC. (I don't know the name of any others but I know there are others.) Don't go to one of those schools and don't pay for photos. If a reputable agency wants you, they will pay for you to get a portfolio shot. Good luck!



Starting modeling? (ppl who know what they are talking about)?

I'm in PA as well. Ok your best bet is to register at Modeling International http://www.modelingintl.com and setup a photoshoot with some of our members. If you already have some photoshoots done then upload them to your online portfolio and nominate yourself for the magazine...



After that take the new Tear Sheet and add it to your portfolio and head to New York! Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment